Monday, June 6, 2011

Addicted? Naw, it's just a tattoo

Jsin at our first appointment last year
Off work today and decided it was time to go and get my next tattoo.  I wasn't planning on this one but after Hunter passed away my plans changed and I wanted a memorial piece for her.  I went to see Jsin at Nude Buddha again.  He did my last one and I love his work.  He is also really funny and puts up with my constant whining and jumping around.  If you ever need tattoo work done I'd say go check his studio out in Milton.  I hear he's booked through July and can't thank him enough for taking me last minute.

We talked about what I was looking for and where I wanted it, outside right calf.  We mocked it up together, obviously I mostly just said 'great, ok, awesome' and about 2 hours of pain later I was done.  They guys in the shop called it 'sick'.  I am pretty sure Hunter was there with me.  Totally weird, the girl at the desk, her daughter's name is Hunter Lynne, another guy, his sister's name is Hunter and finally one of the other guys had a picture of cheech tattooed on him. Hunter's nickname is Cheech.

Not much else to say so I'll post the rest in pics. 

Intial mockup, LOVE the font!!!

I asked if we were half done, nope 30%
I'm sure he was saying, stay still, stop tensing up!
The finished product


 that's all I got...

12 comments:

My Boring Triathlon Blog said...

kool!

Julie said...

BEAUTIFUL!

Allie said...

OMG! It is so beautiful. Can't wait to see it tomorrow. I'm sure Hunter would have loved it.....

Anonymous said...

Beautiful piece! Looks amazing and you have honored her in an awesome way =)

Unknown said...

Wow! Love it!

Jason said...

That is just gorgeous. Great design and great job by Jsin.

Great piece.

Matty O said...

Wow, he did a great job Adena!!!

I love the art too, very clean and nice to look at!

The amount of Hunter'isms there was not a coincidence. That blows my mind.

:) Have a good one!

Emz said...

Seriously. Tears.

I
Adore
You.

Love it.

Big Daddy Diesel said...

They did an awesome job, I like it

Quinton J said...

i like it. i'm thinkin' i may need some ink...

Caratunk Girl said...

Love it A!! Such a nice tribute!

Bryan said...

Nice tat and very meaningful. I found that after I got one tattoo theres a natural pulling to get another and another. Again, nice touch.

B