Wednesday, February 23, 2011

so I was...

Wondering how much it's going to cost me to replace the speedometer in my car, the latest estimate is over $500. I will take it in this week/next week, I am tired of using my Garmin as a speedometer.

Interested to see, when the snow cleared, that the sidewalk where I fell may have actually been my problem, not just walking. The photo doesn't do it justice, but covered in slush it's no wonder my ankle rolled or at the very least it's a better excuse anyway.

Going to tell you that I ate PERFECTLY yesterday but a handful of cheetos took my victory, damn you delicious devious cheetos..

Rearranging my day to stop by my accountant's office on the way home from work. I'm still running on fiscal responsibility from the weekend.

Emailing back and forth with my financial girl, she's Jenny from the bank (haha, get it Jenny from the… nevermind) and she invited me over to play guitar hero. Hahahaha

Happy to be back training, 10km walk, coupla trainer rides done. Half marathon training starts tomorrow, yikes!

Happier still that my ankle is holding up.

Worried that I won't be able to keep up with the half mary training.

Feeling way behind on twitter and reading blogs.

Relieved to see my chiropractor last night, I can now see in my blindspot while driving.

Hoping I win the lottery, just a coupla million would suffice.

Recommending you watch Shameless,  I watched it 'on demand' over the weekend and I'm demanding MORE episodes. Incidentally Episodes is pretty funny too.

Laughing at the string of explatives I am hearing after someone presses 'send' on an email and it's received by the intended recipient.

Thinking that explatives said with an accent aren't scary, they are pretty funny.

Sharing the Vinturi love with my dad and stepmom. I bet they love it too.

Writing a letter to a friend. It's not done yet but will be one day this week, I'm late!!!

Wondering if you want to see what's in my drawers? My desk drawers, it's my healthy stash of goodies.

that's all I got...

**edited to add It's about time...

8 comments:

Matty O said...

HAHAHA, when you asked if we wanted to see in your drawers, I thought you would have a pic of your uneroos with butterflies and moths flapping around LOL.

How do you know you are a triathlete? When you use your Garmin as your speedometer. Officer: Do you know how fast you were going... Adena: Why yes (beep, beep, beep) Exactly blah blah blah! HAHA.

Don't get hurt playing Guitar Hero.

JohnP said...

Glad to hear the ankle is feeling better, I look forward to hearing about your workouts! Keep up the great work!
Dont fret about 'how am i gonna fit this into my schedule'. Take one day at a time, you can ALWAYS find a slot of time to train. Its just a matter of ignoring your brain making excuses! I know, its tough!! ugghh

I'd forget fixing the speedo. I looked into it, waste of time. It'll likely break after you pay to fix it. It's a known problem for that vehicle, chronic problem, there are recalls in the states for that problem but not in Canada cuz canada sucks.
Get the part from a scrap yard if you can, way cheaper but the part is probably really really scarce even if u tried. High demand due to mass failures.

Good luck with that!

Jason said...

So I was finally able to make it over here. Needed a laugh to take the pressure off the interview in 45 minutes.

Worried that I won't be able to keep up with the half mary training.....you got this and you got a great support group (me) that won't let you down.

As for blogger just mark them as read as they will just keep piling up on you. Delete the ones you never comment on and let it go. I did some blogger clean up the other day and it felt good.....you obviously made the cut.

Julie said...

I'd love to "know" a lottery winner! :)

Glad your back to training and the ankle is better!

adena said...

Matty, I wear fruti of the loom!! actually I don't but it sounded funny but underoos is definitely funnier.

John, I'm gonna just go to the sessions and see where I end up for the half. Worst case i walk alot of it but I'd LOVE to come in around 3 hours.

Jason, so glad I made the cut!! I know there are at least 3 people that read here and not because I make them. haha

Julie, thanks! I'd love to be the lottery winner that you know. I'll buy you a bike.. how's that?

Bryan said...

A, LOVE the idea of you judging your speed with your Garmin, that's priceless. haha

B

Daryl said...

Enjoy the start of your half marathon training tomorrow!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Remember the important race is Oct 16th, make sure your ready for that