Saturday, October 23, 2010

Hi my name is John and I'm a.....

Last night I headed over to Millcroft Wellness and Fitness where Coach Nancy and Janicke were hosting the orientation meeting for the Musselman half iron training program.  About 16 people or so showed up to hear about the program and there were a few of the superstars from my Mommies in Motion group.  It was really nice to see the ladies, it's been a while since I'd seen some of them.   There was a guest appearance by none other than John and his awesome wife Mrs. LOTC and even Daryl from twitter was there!  The session was informative, a little about the race and how for the swim you end up swimming in a canal for the last half of the swim and the current helps you finish, I LOVED that part.  Of course they went around the room and we had to say a little about ourselves.  Obviously John was the life of the party and started out by saying "Hi my name is John and I'm a mountainbiker", like we were in a self help group or something, and it went downhill from there.  JUST KIDDING, he was really really funny.  He mentioned that he trained for the Muskoka 70.3 by doing ALOT of mountain biking and a little running so I was a bit alarmed when Nancy kept referencing his race and training.. what part of "he didn't really train did you miss"? lmao  I can't wait to see how this year's training goes for him (JPO).  Aside from the coaches he was one of the more experienced guys in the group and provided MUCH entertainment.  I confessed that I was doing it for the tattoo.

After the meeting we went for drinks, apparently these triathletes aren't much into drinking, maybe we need Bryan to join the group and liven it up?  I had a really good time chatting with the Procs and getting to know them better.  And while John may appear to be a really nice guy because he paid for my drinks he still won't buy his long suffering amazing wife a bike.  I'm determined to find a way to convince him to get her a new bike this year, there has to be a bribe out there somewhere!

So after loads of laughing a few laughs and some #trashtalk about Rodney we called it a night.

8km run on deck for me today, that will be over by 11:00am and then I have the rest of the day to myself. I have a free spin class (thank you Janicke) on Sunday as well and I'll need to fit some strength training in there too.

I wanted to mention that I got my postcard from Kona (that was actually mailed from Burlington) that contained the seekrit message only meant for those that bought him beer by contributing to the TPPF.  I can't tell you what the message is but I've put the card up on my fridge next to my training plan for the month for motivation. Thanks Bryan!!



















One final interesting fact, my last blog about reorganizing my triathlon clothes got more hits than any other one I've written.. I'm not sure what that says about you guys....

That's all I got.

3 comments:

Caratunk Girl said...

Ha, you get Bryan in there, that is going to really liven up the group! :)

I love that you said "I am just doing it for the tattoo." Uh, me too! :) ha ha

LOVE the postcard!

Bryan said...

If you find John P funny, you need more friends. hahaha.

adena said...

Mandy, yes Bryan really would liven the group up, or scare them.. hahahaha

Bryan, yes John is funny. I did not want to admit it!