Saturday, October 16, 2010

Shopaholic?

I JUST posted this entry and my internet died.  I'm NOT happy about that.. argh!  Sooooo what I think I was saying was that all my life I would join a sport or start a hobby and buy ALL the gear.  In fact alot of the time I couldn't start unless I had absolutely everything I needed and within 2 weeks or a month I'd be bored and the 'stuff' would there just sit taking up space.

Triathlons seem to be a different story.  I just got back from Foottools, my local running shop and they are having a blow out sale!  I got alot of stuff, two pairs of shoes, more on that later, long sleeve shirt for when it gets chilly, long pants, new socks, hair buff and running underwear.. seriously.. "runderwear?" ok I admit I think I got a bit caught up in the whole shopping/sale part.  But I'm excited to have some clothes so I can keep running outside as it gets cooler.  I used to be a treadmill only girl but I am converted now, I dread the day I have to run on the treadmill again.

I got home and went to put away my shoes and realized I own 6 pairs of running shoes.. SIX pairs and they were all bought for running but each have their own purpose now.

Saucony - I bought these to run in years ago but hello shin splints, so these are my everyday shoes
Mizuno - these were my first real running shoes that were comfortable.  I only use them for running, they still have some cushion in them and I love them so!!!  I will soon move these down to my everyday shoes.
Nike Free - I bought  these to run in but I like more cushioning so I use these for lifting weights (squats, lunges, deadlifts etc), because they are so flat it's almost like lifting in bare feet and I feel much more stable.
Nike - these were a huge mistake purchse.  I bought them cause they were cute but no human could run in these so I only wear them for short periods of time.  They are white and pink and adorable!!
Brooks Infinity, my new shoes!! Got these today for a STEAL!!  MORE than half off!  Paula advised to use these for regular running with the group and my shorter runs.
Mizuno Alchemy, oh my god these are heaven!!  and I got these for a STEAL as well.  I should use these on my long runs.  Saturdays are my long run days so after breaking them in I'll be calling them my Saturday shoes.

The Brooks and Mizuno make it official. I'm a runner.  Not a fast runner but I run..  It's pretty cool to go out and buy all this stuff knowing it will get used, and then overused and that I'll have to replace it sooner rather than later.  I've come a LONG way.

It's great that John and Paula are part of my Tuesday running group, they have seen my running (or attempt at it, haha).  They are super helpful AND on top of the sale items I get a discount there because I work with Coach Nancy.

And on that note, me and my old Mizunos are heading out for our Saturday run, 8km, my longest yet.  It's going to take me a while but I have my Garmin, some tunes and I think I'm going to drive back down to the lake to run, it's much prettier down there.

That's all I got!  (I better press post before this dies again)

4 comments:

ree_ti_ree said...

Good luck on the 8k, I think you are 'properly' equiped! BTW: I'm hoping we have a global warming type winter and won't need special undies (fingers crossed).

adena said...

ree - I needed some luck on that 8k, so thanks that came in handy. Didn't try the 'runderwear' yet, maybe Tuesday night!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I am a fan of Brooks. I run in the Ravenna, I wish I can find them half off

adena said...

BDD, I have never run in Brooks before but my trainer is a former marathoner, she loves that brand. I'm excited to try them out.