Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Keep on, keep on, keep on

Isn't that a Partridge Family song?  No I know, the Brady Bunch!

So, talked to a lady from TCOB who was SUPER helpful with some questions etc and even offered to meet me at one of the TCOB winter classes either CrossFit or spinning to meet in person, have a chat, take the class and introduce me to a few folks which I think would be really great except I have a brunch to go to on Sunday and a company dinner on Monday night so that won't work but I will arrange something else.  (holy long sentence)  She told me that she started training for a Sprint and ended up doing a half Ironman at the end of the summer a few years back and she's doing the Ironman somewhere, can't remember where it is, in July.  I'm not sure I'm fit enough to be speaking with this woman.

On the upside she explained about the training that 'triathletes' do to prepare for races and it sounds like things I am mostly familiar with.  The cross fit sounds much like the bootcamp my current trainer runs, plus my current trainer I hope will be running some spinning classes out of the gym I currently go to, plus Goodlife also has spinning classes and treadmills and then there's the private one on one sessions for circuits that I do with my trainer as well.  The thing about the TCOB events is that it costs like $15 per session and well, don't tell anyone, but I'm not rich.  In the past my trainer has totally accommodated any program I wanted to try so I'm sure she'd be willing to work with me to get me to where I need to be.  I will probably take a few of the TCOB classes just to get to know people and get free advice though.

Speaking of my trainer, she doesn't even follow me on here, what's up with that?

So, over the next few weeks I'm going to hit the gym to check my time/distance on the bike and the treadmill just to see where I am at right now.  The last program I was on focused heavily on weights and less cardio so I need to get back up to speed on these things.  Not to mention the cardio I have done in the last 6 months has mostly been the stepmill.

Is it wrong that I'm excited that you triathlon people seem so obsessed with your heart rate?  When I had my best success between January 2009 and May 2009 I was completely engrossed with my calories in/calories out/calories burned, heart rate, tracking speed and distance, I even made a spreadsheet!  This might just be my 'thang'.  Now if I could just find out where you stand on fibre powder I'd be all in (inside joke).  (why am I posting inside jokes?  noone reads this anyway).

That's all I got!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to start in the pool!