Monday, December 7, 2009

Triathlon Training for Dummies

Why does the spelling of the word triathlon always appear wrong to me.. or maybe the way I spelled it there is wrong.. I'm not sure anymore.

So after much surfing and blog reading and more surfing I found yet another training program on some trinewbies site.  It looks like a comprehensive training program and more importantly I don't think it will kill me.  I'll continue to look at programs in the meantime until I start on Jan 1.. oh wait, let's be honest there won't be any kind of working out on Jan 1, there will more likely be much couch surfing.

My trainer has done a Try a Tri and I'm gonna get her to look over the program as well.  And because I am OCD like that I also bought a book called Triathlon Training for Dummies, I figure it's as basic as you can get to start.  Also found a book called Slow Fat Triathlete by Jayne Williams which looks to be about my speed for starting out but I need to order that online.

So as soon as I can stop listening to the Trews new CD (which may be all night) I'm gonna get into bed with the book and scare the crap outta myself.

Cheers!

No comments: