Sunday, November 14, 2010

Did I win the bet? Did I win the bet??

Well who's betting?  It took less than a week and guess who's back?  Actually I'm not completely positive it's really him but I CAN confirm a Training Payne sighting today, earrings and all.  More on that later.

As you know I have been slacking something awful lately, SIU October turned into Sucky October and I've been on a downward spiral ever since.  Finding out about the cookie dough thing didn't help either, thank you Matty and Emz.  I have done a few training sessions but even those were lackluster.  Even my brand new tattoo is mocking me.   Thankfully I have some really great friends and a super coach and the fire is starting to come back. Today I did a spin class with Mrs. LoTC.  I met her hubby through Twitter and it's true, once you meet her love her immediately.  We have done a few spinning classes together and she's been really motivating.  I've had alot of fun and laughs getting to know her.  We are thinking about doing the same half iron this year, either Peterborough or Welland I'm excited to have a training buddy even though she kicks my ass.  My goal is to kick her ass on the bike at our half this summer, all in good fun, I expect to lose but I may have a chance if John stays firm and never buys her a new bike.

This morning we met for our usual Sunday spin, or what is becoming our usual Sunday spin, then off for some retail therapy and then to the Y.  I had to break a few laws to get in as I'm not a member of the Y but Bryan was there to be a guest speaker with the tri training group and no way was I going to miss out on that.  We all rip on Bryan alot and it's always well deserved but I have to say his talk was really terrific.  He brought his road to Kona book and told everyone his story, the pictures really put the points home.  I could tell they were all really interested in what he was saying, he's a great public speaker and was highly entertaining.  I kept my heckling mostly to myself but I did make him strip.. ok pull up his pant leg and show off the tattoo.  The talk and question period lasted much longer than usual, I'm not sure if the group were that thrilled because they were spinning through the whole thing.

I had to laugh at a few things, his first big piece of advice, "never DNF".  He swears he'll only ever be physically pulled off the course. This after talking about his DNF in China because of food poisoning. Way to scare the crap out of them Bryan.  Oh and my other favourite, when he said he only ever does 2 types of training in a day.  One girl said 'really?', I think she was a bit alarmed because the group do swim, bike AND run every Sunday.  WTG Bryan.. lmao

 I am happy to say that when I met Bryan this time I was not in the 'hurt locker' on sideroad one.  It was great to have time for a chat and next time there will definitely be beers involved.

Tomorrow I have spin and yoga classes lined up and I start a cleanse on Tuesday for 9 days to give me a kick start.  I'm drinking the last beer I have in my fridge right now.  I'm on the upswing folks.

That's all I got.

5 comments:

Big Daddy Diesel said...

That is pretty cool all away around

Caratunk Girl said...

Awesome, I was wondering how long he would last - but I think it takes some pressure off of him to blog every day. I am JEALOUS I would have loved to be there with you guys!

adena said...

BDD, it was pretty cool!

Mandy, I keep saying you and Bailey need to head north and come stay at casa needagoal. We'll get Bryan to take us out for a bike ride and then we'll crash his place and the kegerator. I bet he'd even do the speech for you personally. All joking aside, anytime you want to, you are more than welcome!

Johan Stemmet said...

Adena
drinking the last beer in fridge and not drinking for the next 9 days. Do you wanna bet.

tried that before, haha. Good luck

glad you met B and could listen to him talking, must have been very interesting.

J

Bryan said...

Just catching up on the blogs. haha. Good story.

I once had a women that was really old looking ask me how old she was, I said 83 and she said 67. She was lying, but pissed off at me for being honest. I've got to work on that. I doubt I'll get called back to speak again. haha.

Thanks for the props. I was cool you and Fran showed up.

B