Friday, January 1, 2010

I've still got my feet!

Last night was a great time!  I spent it with friends that I have known for more than 20 years.  A small party at P&D's place.  We all set to drinking, there was much Corona and scotch (not for me) and sucker punches (not for me thank gawd) and some sparkling wine at midnight and sooo many laughs I can't even begin to tell you.  While this was going on my friends in Toronto were texting me with 'guess the body part'.  No one was actually nekkid but they had me fooled many times, I'm so gullible!!

We put my friend G to bed around 2:30am, too many sucker punches for her and shortly thereafter I decided I was full and headed off to bed.  I got to sleep in their granddaughter's bed, it's a pink Dora the Explorer bed, loads of pink with a huge leaf swaying over my head. Someone should have gotten a picture of that.  I heard P come in quietly and get a blanket for J as I drifted off into a blissful sleep.  While I had a great time and was pleasantly buzzed, I had not gone overboard with the drinks and was looking forward to waking up to the smell of fresh coffee and more laughs over the evenings festivities with the gang..  oh how wrong I was..

I have no idea how long after I fell asleep I was woken up by probably a loud bang but what I remember was the loud sound of tinkling, I had no idea what it was at the time, I would later find out it was a large jewelry box full of earrings and necklaces and watches etc.. I'm sure it was the bang, not the jewelry that woke me.  When I sat up and focused my eyes on the end of the bed, there was my friend G sitting on the end of the bed, against the wall on the right hand side, completely out of it and next to her, where my feet should have been, usually would be because I sleep on my stomach all stretched out, was the TV.  It's an old one, large and extremely heavy.  First words out of my mouth were 'What the FUCK are you doing???', I was startled beyond words, she was definitely sleeping and out of it and started yelling at me but made NO sense what so ever... slowly it dawns on me that she is out of it as her boyfriend comes racing in the room to find out what the loud bang was.  He made sure I was ok, we got her out of the corner and into the bathroom which is apparently where she was headed in the first place and then he put the TV up on the dresser. The thing was so heavy it took him several tries but he finally did it.

We got her back into bed (after giving her more Tylenol and water) and I fell back to sleep.

Best I can figure out is that she was crawling over me to get to the corner which must have made me shift my legs up and into more of a fetal position and then how the TV came down, no one knows.. It was still plugged into the wall but the cords had been ripped out the back of it.  I don't think we'll ever let her live this one down... poor thing must have wanted to die with all the teasing she got this morning.  We were roommates for years and never once have I seen her sleep walk.

Can you imagine waking up on Jan 1 with two broken feet?  No thanks..  Despite all that, I had a GREAT time but next time we're putting an alarm on her.

PHEW!

No comments: