Tuesday, January 18, 2011

at a medium pace...

I'd rather be here
Well it looks like the mojo train may have done a drive by. Yesterday was perfect eating, let me say that again yesterday was PERFECT eating AND, wait for it, A WORKOUT!! I had intended to go to a spin class but I didn't end up going so instead I put on my bike shorts, my cycling shoes and did a solid hour on the trainer. I was sweating and out of breath by the end of it, see MOJO. Nice! I found that if I put my headphones on and my music really loud I was more motivated to go hard and for the first time on a trainer ride I really got into a zone. This may be the ticket for me for indoor riding. I'm still thinking about moving the trainer to the basement just from a noise perspective. I am trying to be very concious of my neighbours and don't want to cause undo noise for them if they are trying to enjoy their evening. Our walls are concrete and we don’t hear much but it's the floor vibrating that worries me the most. Of course I'm clearly less concerned (drunk) whenever Mike and Dede come by and we are all singing Adam Sandler songs at 3am but I haven't done that in quite some time. I like to surprise them with that stuff, keep them guessing, you know.

I got an interesting email last night from a guy at a website called www.teachstreet.com/ telling me that one of my readers had recommended me to be a featured blogger on their site. They checked out the blog and said they would like to 'feature my work'. In the interest of whoring out my blog as John so eloquently put it, I decided to try it so I added the badge code they sent me and I'll see how it goes. I find it funny that me and all my bad grammar will be linked by a 'teaching' site, nevermind that they are going to put me in the fitness section. Do you think they missed the part where I have stated repeatedly that I'm not athletic and I'm overweight? Shhhhh don't tell em! Do you think the students will think my tattoo is cool?? 

or here, here is good too
If you were the one that recommended me please let me know and thank you, unless I get a crapload of spam, then I'll have a whole slew of other types words for you. 

If anyone has any helpful advice about this featured blogger stuff please feel free to share.. You all are much more experienced at this than I am. 

That's all I got...

(crap, guess what song I can't get out of my head now)

8 comments:

JohnP said...

Well if nobody else follows you, you still got me.

Say hi to them bots for me. :)

Great job on the workout! It's like sex - you just have to experiment to find what works for you. Sounds like both activities have a noise issue too.
I'm sure the neighbours are used to it by now. :)

Jason said...

You are a rock star now. I hope you don't forget to keep doing the So I Was when you make it big in blogger world.

adena said...

Thanks John for always being there for me.

Jason maybe the "So I was" that will make me famous? haha yeah right. I have less than half the followers you and everyone else does. I have alot of ground to make up and need all the help I can get. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Adena'a mojo!

Sukhi

Julie said...

Beach looks wonderful! I wanna be there too! :)

Way to go on the trainer workout and the perfect eating.

Sue Sitki said...

Fun! Let us know how this new blogging gig goes for you :)

Still Running said...

Nice recognition. I'll be able to tell my grandkids "I read her blog before she was uber famous".

adena said...

Sukhi, thank you!

Julie, thank you!

Sue, not sure how it will go, just hopefully get a few more followers, so far nothing though. haha

Still Running, you are too funny. They will likely remove me from their blog roll once they actually read my stuff. :-)