Thursday, March 24, 2011

I stole this pic from Allison
I swapped spin class last night for an hour of hardcore snow shoveling or should I say ice chunks. I did both driveways, well 1.5 because my neighbours park their second car in the driveway. Normally this would be time saving as there is less snow but all it did was cause a 3 foot high drift on my side of the driveway. Everything hurt by the time I was done. Methinks someone needs some upper body conditioning!!  Mealsothinks it's time for someone to downsize from the house. 

I am not running tonight either, I am going to put it off until tomorrow and hope that the roads are dryer than they are now. I am not chancing a wipe out with my record.  Sonja may kill me when she sees me for skipping two of her workouts this week.  YIKES.

Busy weekend for me ahead I am working at home tomorrow but have some personal appointments to get to.  Then there's learn and burn and coach Nancy's party.  We have our endurance ride on Saturday and I believe we are going 100 minutes this week, that will be 5 less than last week. I need to get to MEC for shammy cream because one girl in class (ironman or is that ironwoman) last week told me to use a lot of cream and wear my tri pants with the thinner shammy. I don't have a clue how a thinner shammy would help but I'm willing to try anything to be less uncomfortable than last week. I also don’t have a clue how to spell shammy. I have a weight watchers weigh in and another appt at the bank and then there's cheering on people at the Around The Bay race and my Sunday long run. I can't forget groceries and laundry searching for my work access card either.  Oh and I need to find time to take my car in to see about the stupid speedometer.

Can we skip ahead and make it Monday cause I'm tired just thinking about it all.

that's all I got...

5 comments:

Emz said...

okay I'll skip to Monday as long as it includes my University of AZ winning tonight. deal?

you rock.

Matty O said...

The more I think of it JP was pretty bang on with using your GPS as your speedometer. Cheaper that way :)

Julie said...

Yuck on that snow! I'm sure we are not done with it yet but I really don't want to see anymore.

I have to agree I think thinner shammy might be better. Give it a go.

JohnP said...

Chamois.

U can run on a treadmill, or substitue it with a bike or swim or strength. Dont skip outright cuz its a slippery sloper - momentum and all.

forget the speedo - it was a manufacturers defect that never got recalled. they're all screwed up so odds are it will just break again. if u really have to - buy used. you'll probably find, they cant get the part anywhere or its extremely more expensive because its in high demand. dont waste your time. they're gettting sued in the states for it.

sounds like a busy weekend! thanks for the support!!!

Unknown said...

I'm over this weather too. At least I didn't have to shovel this week, but we're supposed to get more snow tomorrow, but I'd like to skip to Monday as well.