Sunday, March 27, 2011

ATB! Go team and everyone else!

Just a quick update.  I'm heading out soon to meet up with Mrs LoTC to cheer on Mr. LoTC for the Around the Bay Race.  Many of my teammates from the Iron Canucks are also running it, Lynn, Nancy, Daryl, Kevin, Patricia and I can't even remember who else.  The sun is shining and I'm layering up for the cheering portion of my day because I hear it's bloody cold out there.  I can't wait to see everyone!

There seem to be lots of races today so I'm also cheering for my TeamBaha teammate Lady Baha who is running a Rock and Roll half today and I hear she's looking strong already!  GOOOOO TeamBaha!!!  Note Jason, we need a logo!

On Saturday morning around 5am I woke up with a horrible cramp in my calf, not my preferred way to wake up that's for sure.  Holy moly that hurt!  I went and did my team endurance ride, another 1:45min this week hoping the ride would loosen it up or work the knot out.  While it helped a little the ride wasn't great and it's still pretty sore.  If it's looser later today I'll go for a run but I don't think I'll make my 10km today, if no run then at least a good walk.  I need to pick up groceries anyway I could do that walking.  Note to self, buy bananas.  :-)  

So, weekend report is so far so good.  :-)  How is your weekend shaping up?

that's all I got...


GO TEAM!!!!

6 comments:

A Prelude To... said...

I hate muscle cramps! I got one yesterday trying to get my shoes on after our cold ride and I got one the other day in my hammie. I've been getting toe cramps in the pool on occasion, too. I think I need to be more vigilant with my water intake.

adena said...

Ouch Julie that doesn't sound good at all. I just wish my stupid calf would loosen up already.

One Crazy Penguin said...

Ugh. Cramps are no fun. I used to get terrible ones in my calves on any run over about 12 miles. Fortunately compression sleeves and socks have helped a ton.

Hope yours have loosened up!

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I hate cramps

Saturday was great, sunday sucked

Caratunk Girl said...

Cramps suck. I get them sometimes in my left calf when I am swimming. PISSSES me off.

I love the IronCanuks by the way.

adena said...

OCP I'm looking into sleeves this week for sure!!!

BDD sorry about your Sunday. :-(

Caratunk Girl, I can't imagine a cramp like that during swimming. I'd drown, for sure. PS - IronCanucks love you back. ;-)