Sunday, March 13, 2011

what a week...

What a training week!!  I did spin class on Monday and Wednesday, ran on Tuesday, did a 90 minute endurance ride with my team on Saturday and did my 'long run' today.  I ditched out of my run on Thursday because I had what we thought was a popped rib, it hurt to move in any way.  After two days of resting it, I felt much better yesterday morning.  Thankfully no adjustment was needed.

It was my first group ride with the team which includes the IronCanucks as well as people that are participating in the Brian Smith Charity ride at the end of May.  I had alot of fun at the group ride, ass pain aside. Nancy makes me laugh and now she's running around calling everyone homey, I think she got that from me.  hah!  I'm even looking forward to next week. Each week we will ride longer and longer but the time goes fast.  

Today I went for my long run which was 12km on the schedule but that would have been way too high a mileage jump for me so I decided I would do 8km.  This was a reasonable increase and I knew would still be a challenge.  My breathing was pretty steady and although I was doing a slow run and keeping an eye on my heart rate, it was higher than I planned but it was steady so I just ran as long as I could before talking a short walk breaks.  My ankle gave out at 6.5km, I walked a bit and tried to run again but it wasn't happening.  Sadly I was 2.5kms away from home when it happened which made for a slow, cold limp home.  

In weight news, I'm on the yoyo and I've had enough.  I do great for a week but then something happens, or nothing happens and I'm off track.  I need accountability and portion control and to make the right choices 90% of the time.  Last week I ran into a fellow Mommie in Motion on the train and she was telling me that she had joined Weight Watchers.  She was explaining their new points program and it seemed pretty appealing.  Points are now based on protein, fat, fibre and carb values so I'm not restricted to this much protein and that many carbs etc. It's worth a shot and the price is pretty reasonable, always was.  I entered my activity into the 'tracker' today and died laughing, with my run I earned a bunch of extra points, plus my 30 minute walk on top of that earned me even more.  I won't be using my activity points unless I'm totally starving but it will be interesting to see how many extra points I'll need to use day over day with all this training.  It's worth a shot and sure as hell didn't hurt Jennifer Hudson, holy jeez she looks good.  

So training is done, laundry is almost done, I just need to make some food for lunches for next week and then I can relax.  

that's all I got...  




13 comments:

Julie said...

Good for you! WW is a pretty good plan these days. I've been doing it for the last year, and acutally just quit, or I will as soon as my month is up. I'm undecided if I will continue on my own or go to counting calories as I found a really neat site for that. However I lost 30lbs on WW and love the way it now encourages you to eat good foods not just stay with in your points. Good luck with it!Let's kick some weight loss booty!

Anonymous said...

Well it sure reads better with a title :)

Good job!

adena said...

Julie, nice job on the weight loss. I hope this will help me focus and keep me honest more often than not. Yes, let's definitely kick some weight loss booty.

Rodney, glad you had a chance to read it WITH the title, it made it much more interesting.

Matty O said...

HAHA, "holy geez she looks good" haha.

Adena, the next spokes-woman for WW :)

Good luck. As you saw on Facebook, I get it haha.

Anonymous said...

WW or no, I <3 you just the way you are.

adena said...

wow, who is anonymous..

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Interesting, Jennifer Hudson losses all that weight and keeps her rack, most weight loss people know thats hard to do, so I dont think she earned it through weightwatchers, I think, in my personal opinion, she had lipo.

You will get to your desired weight, intervals and eating right are the key. I am rooting for you

Jason said...

This is why you will be successful. You hold yourself accountable. Something wasn't working so you searched for something that will.

You got this and we are here to help you.

adena said...

Scott, I don't know how she did it but you raise an interesting point about her rack. I'm going to keep an eye on mine as the weight comes off.

Jason, I can't lose with people like you around to support me.

adena said...

Oh and Matty, I hope you are staying away from those easter eggs!!!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

I keep hearing great things about WW--mostly the group support which is HUGE in anything!

GOOD LUCK!

And, holy huge spin class!

Matty O said...

WOAH... 2 things here... FIRST OFF, when did you find out BDD's name?!

SECOND! BDD, did you honestly mention some girls boobs in the blogosphere?! I never thought I would see the day where you would break your calm, cool, collected demeanor and point out J. Hud's rack :) As nice as it is haha, she could have had those puppies enhanced too, she is a pop star after all ;)

adena said...

Matty, I know, I blew my cover.. dang it!! I have known for a while but it's so much more fun to call him 'what's his name' or 'rupert'.